When it comes to wedding planning, there are a few essentials you are going to need. A partner to marry and the ultimate wedding outfits are a given. But, there are some other big aspects that you will need to consider too. Things like a venue, photographer, celebrant and catering all need to be locked in as soon as possible.
All the best venues and vendors are in high demand and you would hate to miss out on your wedding dream simply because you were tardy!
So, let’s look at what the big things are, why you need to lock them in ASAP and how to do it effectively.
Wedding Planning: Book The Key Aspects Early!
Locking In Your Big Ticket Wedding Items, Like Yesterday!
Choosing to get married is an incredibly special decision. This is the person you intend to spend your life with after all. And, you’ll want to make your wedding day as special as the love you have for each other. Even if you aren’t much of a planner, you’ll need to get cracking on a few key bookings.
Popular wedding venues, vendors, and services get booked up quickly, especially during peak wedding season. By locking in your wedding venue, caterer, photographer, and other key vendors early, you can ensure that they will be available on your wedding day.
Locking in key aspects of your wedding day early can help you budget more accurately for the entire event. By knowing the costs of your venue, catering, and other major services, you can allocate your budget accordingly and avoid any unpleasant surprises later on.
Peace of mind
Wedding planning can be stressful, but locking in key aspects early can help alleviate some of that stress. Knowing that the most important parts of your wedding day are secured and taken care of can give you peace of mind and allow you to focus on other details and tasks.
Booking key wedding components early can give you more flexibility when it comes to making other arrangements. For example, if you know your wedding date and venue early, you can more easily plan other aspects of your day, such as transportation or accommodation.
What Are The Key Aspects Of Wedding Planning?
These are the key aspects of wedding planning that you want to book as early as possible:
Your wedding venue is like the Mac Daddy of key wedding aspects. Without one, you won’t have a place to celebrate your love with your friends and family. So, it makes sense that this is one of the first things you should book and you should do it early! Here at Waipuna Estate, some dates are booked 2 years in advance, so that is a good incentive to sort your booking ASAP.
Regardless of what kind of menu you’ll serve your guests, catering is another thing to lock in quickly. This will give you plenty of time to review menus, discuss options, and plan your meal. It’s also important to ensure that your caterer can accommodate any dietary restrictions or special requests.
Your wedding photos (and video) are a lasting memory of your special day, so it’s important to choose a skilled and experienced photographer and/or videographer. The best professionals often get booked up well in advance, so it’s a good idea to lock them in as early as possible.
Wedding planning really not your thing? Then, you might choose to hire a wedding planner to help. You’ll definitely need to book them early to give you time to discuss your vision and ideas, and allow your planner to help you choose the best vendors and services for your wedding. (PS. Our very own Sarah offers wedding planning services, so get in touch with her if you are wanting some assistance!)
Booking your preferred celebrant or officiant early gives you time to discuss your ceremony details and ensure that they are going to be available on your chosen date.
Getting Your Wedding Organisation On
Now that you know what you need to book, it’s time to start locking in the key providers that will make your wedding an extra special day. Here’s the steps to follow to find the perfect wedding elements:
1. Do your research: Start by doing some online research and reading reviews of vendors in your area. Look for people and venues who have a good reputation and a great track record of delivering quality service and products.
2. Set a budget: Determine your budget for each vendor category and prioritise your spending based on what is most important to you. This will help you narrow down your search and focus on options that fit within your budget.
3. Ask for referrals: Ask friends, family members, and other vendors for referrals. They may be able to recommend people or places who they’ve worked with in the past and who they trust.
4. Schedule consultations/meetings: Once you have a list of potential vendors, schedule meetings or consultations to discuss your needs and expectations. This will give you an opportunity to get to know the vendor, ask questions, and determine if they are a good fit for your wedding.
5. Review contracts: Before signing any contracts, make sure to carefully review the terms and conditions, including cancellation policies, payment schedules, and any other important details. If you have any questions or concerns, make sure to address them before signing anything.
6. Consider the vibe: It’s important to choose vendors who you feel comfortable working with and who have values that match your own. This will make the planning process more enjoyable and less stressful.
7. Check references: Finally, don’t be afraid to ask for references from previous clients. This will give you an idea of the vendors work and how they’ve performed in the past.
Choosing The Perfect Wedding Venue
Out of all the key aspects of wedding planning, the venue is probably the thing you should book first. Choosing the perfect wedding venue sets you on the path for the most special day. It can help to dictate your final date, themes or vibes you might incorporate, and where you will declare your love
for your partner.
Here at Waipuna Estate, we’d love to delight you on your wedding day. Set in a picturesque hilltop location overlooking the Southern Alps and Canterbury Plains, you’ll fall in love with our stunning views and native bush settings.
We offer the ultimate wedding venue for any couple. No detail is left out in our romantic setting, Waipuna Estate is the perfect spot for your wedding experience.
Find out more about our wedding packages here.